Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
- 1/2 fresh medium pear
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 scoop whey protein powder (optional)
- Dice the pear half.
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and stir well. Refrigerate overnight.
Ready to eat the next day. You can take your breakfast on-the-go. Heating is not necessary. Add sweetener if desired.
- Prepare a few jars at a time for quick breakfasts all week.
- If you desire a crunchy texture use fresh pears and add them in the morning. Instead of fresh pears you can substitute a fruit cup of diced pears (drained) or other low potassium fruits such as apple, berries, cherries or peach.
- The soaking of the oats overnight acts as “cooking”. If warm oatmeal is preferred microwave the jar for 1-2 minutes before eating.