- Set butter out to soften to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add in the egg, flour, protein powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add in the applesauce and combine. Fold in the oats and cranberries.
- Scoop 1/4 cup scoops of the cookie dough onto the baking sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until cookies are golden brown but still soft.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an air tight container or wrap individually and freeze until ready to grab for a quick breakfast on the go.
- Scoop sizes vary for different protein powder brands. Check the label to see weight of one scoop to determine how much to add or use a scale to measure 1.5 ounces.
- Enjoy breakfast cookies as a snack. Consider making 24 smaller cookies instead of 12.